Fudgy Chocolate Truffles Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (175 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (398 mL)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts (approx.) (175 mL)
- 2 tbsp rum (approx.) (30 mL)
- 1. Melt butter in a heavy-bottom saucepan set over low heat. Add cocoa; stir until smooth. Add milk; stir constantly for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick, smooth and glossy.
2. Remove from heat; stir in nuts and rum (to taste). Pour mixture into shallow dish. Chill for at least 4 hours or until firm.
3. Shape into 1 1/4-inch (3 cm) balls; roll in nuts or cocoa as desired. Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
Makes about 3 dozen truffles.
� Substitute 1 tsp (5 mL) rum extract for the alcoholic rum.