Fudgey Peanut Butter Chip Muffins Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
|1/2 cup||applesauce (125 mL)|
|1/2 cup||quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant) (125 mL)|
|1/4 cup||butter or margarine, softened (50 mL)|
|1/2 cup||granulated sugar (125 mL)|
|1/2 cup||packed light brown sugar (125 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||vanilla (2 mL)|
|3/4 cup||all-purpose flour (175 mL)|
|1/4 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (50 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda (2 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||ground cinnamon (optional) (1 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (250 mL)||Icing sugar (optional)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inch/5.5 cm diameter) with paper bake cups.
2. In small bowl, mix together applesauce and oats; set aside. In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended. Add applesauce mixture; blend well.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon, if desired. Add to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
4. Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle muffin tops with icing sugar, if desired. Serve warm.
Makes 12 to 15 muffins.
• Fudgey Peanut Butter Chip Muffins: Replace CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips with CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.