Fudgey Peanut Butter Chip Muffins Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1/2 cup applesauce (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant) (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (50 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (125 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (2 mL)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (175 mL)
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (50 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional) (1 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (250 mL)
- Icing sugar (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inch/5.5 cm diameter) with paper bake cups.
2. In small bowl, mix together applesauce and oats; set aside. In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended. Add applesauce mixture; blend well.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon, if desired. Add to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
4. Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle muffin tops with icing sugar, if desired. Serve warm.
Makes 12 to 15 muffins.
• Fudgey Peanut Butter Chip Muffins: Replace CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips with CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.