Fudge-Topped Brownies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
|1 cup||butter or margarine, melted (250 mL)|
|2 cups||granulated sugar (500 mL)|
|1 cup||all-purpose flour (250 mL)|
|2/3 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (150 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||baking powder (2 mL)|
|1/2 cup||milk (125 mL)|
|3 tsp||vanilla, divided (15 mL)|
|1 cup||chopped nuts (250 mL)|
|2 cups||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (350 g)|
|1 can||sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (300 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan.
2. In large bowl, mix together melted butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, eggs, milk and 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) of the vanilla; beat well. Stir in nuts. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
4. Just before brownies are done, in heavy saucepan, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and remaining 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla.
5. Immediately spread over hot brownies. Let cool in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate. Cut into bars.
Makes about 36 brownies.