Fudge Topped Peanut Butter Chip Blondies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1 cup butter or margarine (250 mL)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (175 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (550 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 2/3 cups CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (400 mL)
- 2 cups CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (500 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (398 mL)
- 1/2 cup peanuts (125 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch (33x23x5-cm) baking pan.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and 1/2 tsp (2mL) vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Shortly before end of baking time, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until chips are melted. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla. Spread evenly over baked blondies. Sprinkle with peanuts; press down lightly. Cool.
4. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until firm. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
Makes about 32 blondies.