Fudge Bottom Chocolate Layer Pie Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 40 Minutes
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips, divided (250 mL)
- 2 tbsp plus 1/4 cup milk, divided (80 mL)
- 1 prepared chocolate crumb crust (1)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows (375 mL)
- 1 tub (8oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided (250g)
- Whipped topping or sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- 1. Place 1/3 cup (75 mL) chocolate chips and 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) for 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave for an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Spread on the bottom of crust. Chill.
2. Combine marshmallows, remaining chips and milk in a saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted and mixture is well combined. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
3. Fold 2 cups (500 mL) whipped topping into cooled marshmallow mixture. Measure out 2 cups (500 mL) and spread over chocolate in prepared crust. Fold the remaining whipped topping into the remaining marshmallow mixture; spread over surface of pie.
4. Cover and freeze for several hours until firm. Garnish with additional whipped topping or sweetened whipped cream. Tightly cover and re-freeze any leftover pie.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.