Foolproof Fudge Cut-Outs Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 5 Minutes
|3 cups||CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (750 mL)|
|1 can||sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (398 mL)|
|1/8 tsp||salt (0.5 mL)|
|1 cup||chopped walnuts (optional) (250 mL)|
|1 1/2 tsp||vanilla extract (7 mL)|
- 1. Line a 9 x 13-inch (3 L) baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan.
2. Place the chocolate chips, condensed milk and salt in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for an additional 15 to 30 seconds or until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. Stir in walnuts (if using) and vanilla. Spread immediately into the prepared pan. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until firm.
3. Use the foil to lift fudge out of the pan; place on a cutting board or work surface. Peel off foil. Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes. Store, tightly covered, in a cool, dry place.
Makes about 2 lb (1 kg) fudge.
Conventional Directions: Melt chips with condensed milk and salt in a heavy saucepan set over low heat. Remove from heat, stir in walnuts (if using) and vanilla before spreading into prepared pan.
• Butterscotch Fudge: Substitute 3 cups (750 mL) CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips for the dark chocolate chips.
• Peanut Butter Fudge: Substitute 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips for the dark chocolate chips.
• White Chocolate Fudge: Substitute 3 cups (750 mL) CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips for the dark chocolate chips.