Festive Fruited White Chip Blondies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (125 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips, divided (225 g)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (50 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (300 mL)
- 1/3 cup orange juice (75 mL)
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries, chopped (175 mL)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots (50 mL)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar (50 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease and flour 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan.
2. In small saucepan, melt butter; stir in 1 cup (250 mL) of the white chocolate chips until melted.
3. In large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar; beat until thick and pale yellow in color. Add flour, orange juice and melted white chocolate chip mixture; beat just until combined. Spread one-half of batter, about 1-1/4 cups (300 mL), into prepared pan.
4. Bake 15 minutes until edges are lightly browned; remove from oven.
5. Stir cranberries, dried apricots and remaining white chocolate chips into other half of batter; spread over top of hot baked mixture. Stir together nuts and brown sugar; sprinkle over top.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes about 16 bars.