Festive Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (300 mL)
- 1/3 cup melted butter (75 mL)
- 2 pkgs (8 oz each) brick-style cream cheese, softened (500 g)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (2 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes (125 mL (approx.))
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 7 x 11-inch (2 L) baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Stir crumbs and melted butter until well combined. Press crumbs into prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sugar, then eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla and peppermint extract.
4. Stir chocolate chips into batter until incorporated. Spread batter evenly over crust.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until just jiggly in the centre. Cool to room temperature. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight before slicing. Sprinkle each bar with crushed candy cane as preferred.
� Omit the peppermint extract and candy cane garnish for an anytime cheesecake bar.