Everyday Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
You can't go wrong with pancakes and these are sure to please with the addition of HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Milk or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 5 Minutes
- 2 all-purpose flour cups (500 mL)
- 2 granulated sugar tbsp (30 mL)
- 2 baking powder tsp (10 mL)
- 1 baking soda tsp (5 mL)
- 1/4 salt tsp (1 mL)
- 2 buttermilk cups (500 mL)
- 1/4 melted butter, divided cup (50 mL)
- 2 eggs, beaten (2)
- 3/4 CHIPITS Milk or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips cup (175 mL)
- 1. Whisk flour with sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add buttermilk, half the melted butter and the eggs; stir just until combined (batter will be lumpy).
2. Preheat a large, nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Brush skillet with some of the remaining melted butter. In batches, pour about 1/3 cup (75 mL) batter per pancake into skillet, leaving space between pancakes.
3. Sprinkle each pancake with a few chocolate chips. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface. Flip and cook for 1 minute or until golden brown.
4. Wipe skillet clean if needed. Repeat with remaining melted butter, pancake batter and chocolate chips. (Hold prepared pancakes in a warm oven until ready to serve.)
Makes 12 pancakes.
• Enjoy endless flavour possibilities by combining your favourite CHIPITS products and tasty toppings such as bananas or other fresh fruit, assorted jams and syrups.
• Prepare a winter wonderland breakfast by turning these holiday pancakes into snowmen. Spoon three, small rounds of batter that touch into the skillet and continue to cook normally. Remove from the skillet and garnish with additional chips to make eyes, a nose and buttons down the body. Dust with icing sugar to create the illusion of a fresh snowfall.
• For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.