Easy Double Decker Fudge Recipe
- 1 cup CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (250 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk), divided (398 mL)
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine, softened (30 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, divided (5 mL)
- 1. Line an 8-inch (2 L) square baking pan or a 9x5x3-inch (2 L) loaf pan with foil. Place the peanut butter chips, 2/3 cup (150 mL) condensed milk and butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Place the chocolate chips and remaining condensed milk in a second medium microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave the bowl with the peanut butter chips at MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred; stir in 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract. Immediately pour and spread evenly into prepared pan.
3. Microwave the bowl with the chocolate chips at MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred; stir in remaining 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract. Immediately pour over peanut butter layer, spreading evenly. Cool slightly. Cover and chill until firm. Use foil to help remove fudge from pan and place on a cutting board. Peel off foil. Cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) squares. Store, tightly covered, in an airtight container in refrigerator. Makes about 2 dozen pieces.
• For best results, do not double this recipe.