Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1 tsp vanilla (or 1/2 tsp/2 mL almond extract) (5 mL)
- 1 cup whipping cream (35%) (250 mL)
- 1 tbsp liqueur, optional (15 mL)
- Whipped cream, chocolate shavings, raspberries for garnish
- 1. Place chocolate chips, egg and vanilla in food processor.
2. Heat cream in microwave or small saucepan until very hot and bubbles appear; do not boil. With processor running, pour in cream, blending until smooth and chocolate is melted. Mix in liqueur, if using.
3. Pour into small dessert bowls or espresso cups. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, until set. Garnish as desired.
Makes 6 servings.