Easter Egg Blondies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 1 1/4 cups softened butter (300 mL)
- 2 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar (625 mL)
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract (30 mL)
- 4 eggs (4)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (750 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (200 g)
- 1 cup each assorted CHIPITS such as Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate; or White Chocolate Chips, melted (250 mL)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease a 17 x 11-inch (42 x 29 cm) rimmed baking sheet and line with enough parchment paper to overhang sides. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in flour, salt and toffee bits on low speed, until combined.
2. Scrape dough onto baking sheet and spread evenly to the edges. Bake on middle rack for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool completely in pan; use parchment to help slide blondies onto a flat surface.
3. Use a 2-inch (5 cm) egg-shaped cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Decorate with the melted chocolate as preferred.
Makes about 36 eggs.
� Don't waste the scraps they are great for snacking.
� To melt the CHIPITS, place in a heatproof bowl set over gently simmering water and stir until smooth.
� For any occasion treats, cut blondies into bars instead of egg shapes and drizzle with chocolate as preferred.