Dulce De Leche Bars
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
|3/4 cup||unsalted butter, softened (175 mL)|
|1/4 cup||light brown sugar, packed (50 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL)|
|1 1/4 cups||Robin Hood� All Purpose Flour (300 mL)|
|1/4 cup||graham cracker crumbs (50 mL)||Filling|
|1 can||Eagle Brand� Regular or Low Fat Sweetened Condensed Milk (300 mL)|
|1 bag||CHIPITS® SKOR®* Toffee Bits (200 g)||Topping|
|1 bag||CHIPITS® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (200 g)|
|1/4 cup||CHIPITS® White Chocolate Chips, melted (optional) (50 mL)|
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9" (23 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper so that it overhangs ends for easy removal.
2. Beat together butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, mix in flour and graham crumbs. Press mixture into base of prepared pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until light golden.
4. Filling: Pour sweetened condensed milk into microwaveable 8-cup (2 L) wet measure. Microwave on Medium (50%) power for 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir in toffee bits. Microwave on Medium-Low or Defrost (30%) power for 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, or until golden brown and thickened. Pour over baked crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Topping: Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips. Spread lightly over filling. Drizzle white chocolate over. Let set completely before cutting into small bars.
Makes: 36 bars
Freezing: not recommended
Recipe sourced from "The Love of Baking�", property of Smucker Foods of Canada Corp.