Dulce Coffee Brownies
|1 cup||softened butter, divided (250 mL)||3/4 cup||CHIPITS® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (175 mL)||3/4 cup||granulated sugar (175 mL)||2 tsp||vanilla extract (10 mL)||2||eggs (2)||1 cup||all-purpose flour (250 mL)||1/4 tsp||salt (1 mL)||1/3 cup||dulce de leche or another thick caramel sauce (75 mL)||1 cup||icing sugar (250 mL)||3/4 cup||CHIPITS® Coffee Flavoured Chips (175 mL)||3 tbsp||35% whipping cream (45 mL)||CHIPITS® SKOR®* Toffee Bits (optional)|
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line an 8-inch (20 cm) baking pan with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
2. Melt 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter in a medium saucepan set over low heat. Add the chocolate chips and stir just until melted. Remove from the heat; whisk in the granulated sugar and vanilla. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Stir in the flour and salt until no dry streaks remain.
3. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 to 27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool to room temperature.
4. Beat the remaining butter with the caramel until combined. Gradually beat in the icing sugar until fluffy. Spread evenly over the brownie. Chill for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat the whipping cream in the microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until steaming. Add the CHIPITS® Coffee Flavoured Chips and stir until smooth. Carefully spread over the caramel layer. Sprinkle with toffee bits (if using). Chill until the top layer is firm enough to slice.
Makes 20 brownies.
• Store the brownies, in an airtight container, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
• Use the foil to lift the chilled brownies out of the pan before slicing.
• Dip a knife into hot water and dry between each cut for perfect squares.