Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup each softened butter and smooth peanut butter (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup each granulated sugar and packed brown sugar (125 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (300 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 9 REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy, divided (9)
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts (125 mL)
- 8 cups chocolate ice cream, softened (2 L)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Beat the butter, peanut butter, granulated and brown sugars until pale and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, just until incorporated. Meanwhile, stir the flour with the baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the butter mixture; beat on low just until combined.
2. Chop 7 of the REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy. Using a wooden spoon, stir 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy into the dough until evenly distributed; set remaining aside. Chill dough for 30 minutes. Roll the dough into 24 equal-sized balls. Arrange, at least 3-inches (8 cm) apart, on parchment-lined baking sheets. Chill for an additional 30 minutes.
3. Flatten each ball slightly with a fork. Arrange remaining chopped REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy over the top of each cookie. Bake, in batches, for 14 minutes or until golden around the edges. Cool completely on the baking sheet.
4. Pulse the remaining whole REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy and peanuts in a food processor until very finely chopped. Place a scoop of softened ice cream on the bottoms of half of the cookies; gently spread to the edges. Cap with the remaining cookies and press gently to adhere.
5. Coat the edges of each sandwich in the peanut mixture. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until ice cream is very firm. Remove from the freezer just before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
• Coating the fork in flour before flattening the cookie prevents it from sticking to the dough.
• To soften the ice cream, transfer to large metal or glass bowl; use a wooden spoon or heavy spatula to stir just until creamy and easy to shape. Once softened, ice cream will melt rapidly so assemble the sandwiches quickly and in batches if needed.
• Once firm, sandwiches can be transferred to an airtight container to hold in the freezer for up to 1 week.