Double Delicious Cookie Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (125 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (375 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (300 mL)
- 2 cups CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (500 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (250 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp shortening (7 mL )
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C) (325°F (160°C) for glass dish).
2. Melt butter in oven in 13x9x2 inch (33x23x5 cm) baking pan. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs. Top with 2 cups (500 mL) chocolate chips and peanut butter chips; press down firmly.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Place 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until smooth when stirred. Drizzle over top of bars. When drizzle is firm, cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Makes 24 to 36 bars.
For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.