Double Decker Black & White Brownies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 1 tsp baking powder (5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened (250 mL)
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar (500 mL)
- 2 tsp vanilla (10 mL)
- 3 eggs (3)
- 2/3 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (150 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (30 mL)
- 2/3 cup CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (150 mL)
- WHITE CHIP DRIZZLE (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan.
2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into butter mixture. Divide batter in half.
4. Stir semi-sweet chocolate chips into one half; spread in prepared pan.
5. Stir cocoa, oil and white chips into remaining batter; spread gently and evenly over chocolate chip layer.
6. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars. Prepare WHITE CHIP DRIZZLE; drizzle over top of bars with tines of fork. Let stand until firm.
Makes about 36 brownies.
WHITE CHIP DRIZZLE:
Combine 1/3 cup (75 mL) CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave on HIGH an additional 15 seconds until chips are melted when stirred. Use immediately.