Double Chocolate KISSES Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (7 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (375 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1/4 cup milk (50 mL)
- 36 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates and/or HERSHEY'S HUGS Brand Milk Chocolates, unwrapped (36)
- 1 lb prepared vanilla frosting (500 g)
- 1. Beat the butter with the sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well-blended. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt alternately with milk, beating until well-blended. Cover and chill dough for about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle. Shape dough into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls; place on ungreased baking sheets.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Spread frosting onto cookies, leaving about 1/2-inch (1 cm) around outer edge unfrosted; place a chocolate or candy in the center of each cookie.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.