Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
These decadent chocolate cookies are the ones to bake for your chocolate-loving friends and family. Enjoy!
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1 cup||butter, softened (250 mL)|
|3/4 cup||packed brown sugar (175 mL)|
|1/2 cup||granulated sugar (125 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla (5 mL)|
|1 2/3 cups||all-purpose flour (400 mL)|
|1/3 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)|
|1 tsp||baking soda (5 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL)|
|1 1/2 cups||CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (250 g)|
|1 1/4 cups||coarsely chopped pecans (300 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until creamy.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
4. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls (15 mL) onto greased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Let cool for 5 minutes on sheets, then transfer to rack and cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
• For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.
• Use your favourite nut -- walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts all taste great.