Double Chocolate Banana Bread
This is the best twist on a classic recipe EVER! This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe includes cocoa for even more chocolate deliciousness!
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup white sugar (50 mL)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (7 mL)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup sour cream (50 mL)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa (125 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips, divided (250 g)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and spray a 9 x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, add softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar and beat until combined. Add the egg, vanilla, bananas and sour cream and continue to beat until mixture is smooth.
3. In a separate bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until well combined. Mix in half of the dark chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and evenly sprinkle remaining dark chocolate chips over the loaf.
4. Bake for 65–70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. NOTE: you might get a bit of chocolate on your toothpick; make sure you insert the toothpick where there are no chocolate chips. Remove loaf pan from oven and let cool completely. Run a knife around the edges of the bread and invert onto a cutting board. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Makes 1 loaf.