Design Your Own Chocolate Cookie Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
|1 cup||butter, softened (250 mL)|
|1 cup||granulated sugar (250 mL)|
|3/4 cup||packed light brown sugar (375 mL)|
|2 tsp||vanilla extract (10 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL)|
|2 cups||all-purpose flour (500 mL)|
|1/2 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (125 mL)|
|1 tsp||baking soda (5 mL)|
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in large bowl until creamy. Add the eggs; beat well.
2. Stir the flour with the cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to the butter mixture, beating until well blended. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.
• CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES: Add 2 cups (500 mL) CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips OR Milk Chocolate Chips to the basic chocolate batter.
• Mini KISSES CHOCOLATE COOKIES: Add 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Mini KISSES Milk Chocolate Baking Pieces to the basic chocolate batter.
•CHOCOLATE COOKIES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Add 2 cups (500 mL) CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips to the basic chocolate batter.
•CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES: Add 1 2/3 cups
(400 mL) CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips to the basic chocolate batter.
•CHOCOLATE TOFFEE COOKIES: Add 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits to the basic chocolate batter. Bake on lightly greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheets.