Deluxe Marbled Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers, crushed) (375 mL)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine (75 mL)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted (50 mL)
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (50 mL)
- 4 pkgs (8oz each) cream cheese, softened (1 kg)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated) (398 mL)
- 4 eggs (4)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (15 mL)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (75 mL)
- 1. Crust: Toss crumbs with icing sugar, cocoa and butter until well combined. Press mixture onto the bottom of a 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. Cheesecake: Beat cocoa and butter in a small bowl until smooth; set aside. Beat cream cheese in a separate bowl until fluffy. Gradually add milk, beating until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla; beat in flour.
3. Measure 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) batter into a medium bowl, beat in cocoa mixture. Spoon half of vanilla batter over prepared crust. Spoon half of chocolate batter in dollops into pan. Repeat, ending with chocolate batter. With metal spatula or knife, cut through batter to marble.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until centre is set. Transfer from oven to wire rack. Run a knife around the cake to loosen from side of pan. Cool completely before removing ring from pan. Chill for several hours before serving.
Makes 12 servings.