Deep Dark Mousse Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (50 mL)
- 1 tsp unflavoured gelatin (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup milk (125 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream (250 mL)
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- 1. Stir together the sugar and gelatin in a small saucepan; stir in the milk. Let stand for 2 minutes to soften gelatin. Set over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture just begins to boil.
2. Remove from the heat. Immediately add chocolate chips; stir until melted. Stir in vanilla; cool to room temperature.
3. Beat whipping cream in a small bowl until stiff; gradually add the chocolate mixture, folding gently just until blended. Spoon into serving dishes. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream (if using).
Makes 4 to 6 servings.