Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (125 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (425 mL)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (125 mL)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda (4 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (125 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 7 minutes or until set. Let cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.