Dark Fudge Pecan Pie Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9-inch/23 cm) (1)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans (375 mL)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (125 mL)
- 1 cup light corn syrup (250 mL)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (125 mL)
- 4 eggs, beaten (4)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate with prepared pie dough according to package directions; fold edges under and crimp. Spread pecans evenly on bottom of pastry shell.
2. Combine butter, corn syrup, sugar and cocoa in a saucepan set over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves; cool slightly. Stir in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Pour into prepared crust.
3. Bake for 70 minutes or until set; cool completely. Serve with whipped cream (if using).
Makes 8 servings.
� To prevent over browning, cover the edge of the pie with foil.