Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 5 Minutes
|2 cups||CHIPITS Dark or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (500 mL)|
|1/4 cup||crushed peppermint candies, divided (approx.)* (50 mL)|
- 1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper.
2. Place chocolate chips in a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, continue to microwave, 15 seconds at a time and stirring after each interval, just until chips are melted and smooth.
3. Stir all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) crushed candy into the melted chocolate. Pour chocolate mixture onto prepared baking sheet; spread evenly, about 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick. Gently tap the bottom of the baking sheet on the counter to even out the thickness of the mixture. Sprinkle the surface with reserved peppermint candy.
4. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm; break into pieces. Store, tightly sealed, in a cool, dry palce.
Makes about 3/4 lb (375 g) candy.
* Increase peppermint candy, if desired.