Dark Chocolate Flourless Cake Recipe with White Chocolate Cream
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 3/4 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed (125 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar (300 mL )
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 3 eggs (3)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa (125 mL )
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream (250 mL )
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (125 mL)
- Icing sugar and fresh raspberries (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter an 8-inch (20 cm) round cake pan; line bottom with a circle of buttered parchment paper.
2. Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Heat, stirring, until melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat; whisk in sugar and salt. Add the eggs and vanilla; whisk well. Sift the cocoa over the chocolate mixture; whisk until combined.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until top has formed a thin crust. Cool for 5 minutes. Carefully invert onto a serving plate. Cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, heat white chocolate chips over simmering water until melted. Stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) whipping cream until well combined.
5. Beat remaining whipping cream until very stiff. Gently fold white chocolate mixture into whipped cream until well combined. Chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
6. Dust cake with icing sugar, garnish with fresh raspberries (if using). Serve with white chocolate cream.
Makes 10 servings.
• This cake is suitable for guests with gluten intolerance.