Dark Chocolate Chunk Coconut Cookies
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter (50 mL)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (solid at room temperature) (50 mL)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or granulated sugar) (175 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 2 cups almond flour (500 mL)
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds (75 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups HERSHEY'S CHIPITS INSPIRATIONS 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Chunks (375 mL)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C). Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
2. In a large bowl, beat almond butter, coconut oil and sugar until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3. Mix baking soda and salt into the almond flour, gradually add to the wet ingredients. Blend until well incorporated. Stir in flaked coconut, chopped almonds, and dark chocolate chunks
4. Drop by heaping tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 11 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges. Cool for 5 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
• If dough is too sticky to form cookies, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 48 hours.