Dark Chocolate Chip Scones Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|3 1/4 cups||all-purpose flour (800 mL)|
|1/2 cup||granulated sugar (125 mL)|
|1 tbsp||baking powder (plus 1 tsp) (20 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||salt (1 mL)|
|2 cups||CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (500 mL)|
|1/2 cup||nuts (optional) (125 mL)|
|2 cups||whipping cream (chilled) (500 mL)|
|2 tbsp||butter, melted (30 mL)||Granulated sugar (additional)||Powdered sugar (optional)|
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
2. Stir together flour, 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
3. Stir whipping cream into flour mixture stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
4. Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes). Divide dough into three equal balls. One ball at a time, flatten into 7-inch (18 cm) circle; cut into 8 triangles. Transfer triangles to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with additional granulated sugar.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired.
Makes 24 scones.