Crunchy Butterscotch Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|3/4 cup||granulated sugar (175 mL)|
|1/2 cup||packed brown sugar (125 mL)|
|1 1/2 cups||all-purpose flour (375 mL)|
|1 3/4 cups||CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips (300 g)|
|1 cup||golden shortening (250 mL)|
|2 tsp||baking powder (10 mL)|
|3 cups||corn flakes cereal, slightly crushed (750 mL)|
|1 cup||sweetened flaked coconut (250 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, beat shortening and sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs until creamy.
3. In medium bowl, mix flour and baking powder. Stir into creamed until blended.
4. Stir in cereal, butterscotch chips and coconut until combined. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until golden. Let cool for 2 minutes on sheet, then transfer to rack and cool completely.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.