Crispy Peanut Butter Treats Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (50 mL)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows (750 mL)
- 1/3 cup golden corn syrup (75 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (325 mL)
- 5 cups rice crisps cereal (1.25 L)
- 1. Butter 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan.
2. In large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows. Cook, stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted; remove from heat.
3. Add corn syrup; stir until blended. Add peanut butter chips; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Immediately stir in cereal until well coated and press into prepared pan. Cool completely; cut into bars. Store in airtight container in cool, dry place.
Makes about 16 bars.