Creamy Double Decker Fudge Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1 cup||CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (250 mL)|
|1 can||sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (398 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract, divided (5 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)|
- 1. Line 8-inch (20 cm) square pan with foil.
2. Place peanut butter chips and 2/3 cup (150 mL) sweetened condensed milk in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Stir in 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla; spread evenly in prepared pan.
3. Place remaining sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in another small microwave-safe bowl; repeat above microwave procedure. Stir in remaining 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla; spread evenly over peanut butter layer.
4. Cover; refrigerate until firm. Remove from pan; place on cutting board. Peel off foil. Cut into squares. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
Makes about 4 dozen pieces or 1-1/2 pounds (750 g).
• For best results, do not double this recipe.