CHIPITS COOKIES 'N’ CREME Tree Bars
Simple yet festive, these adorable Cookies ‘N’ Creme Tree Bars are perfect for the holidays! Decorate as desired to “spruce” them up!
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine, softened (90 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar (50 mL)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 3/4 cups (9-oz. bag) HERSHEY’S CHIPITS COOKIES 'N' CREME Baking Chips, reserving ¼ cup (50 mL) for drizzle (425 mL)
- 1 tsp milk (5 mL)
- 2 tbsp green sprinkles (30 mL)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 9-inch (23-cm) square baking pan or line with parchment paper, extending parchment above pan edges.
2. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well combined. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture. Stir in baking pieces and spread in prepared pan.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Cool for 10 minutes. Using a tree-shaped cookie cutter (or any other holiday themed cookie cutter of your choice), cut out as many shapes as you can. Place cut-out bars on a baking sheet and let cool completely.
4. While bars cool, place ¼ cup (50 mL) reserved white chocolate chips and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir until melted. Using a fork, drizzle bars with melted baking chips and decorate with green sprinkles. Makes approximately 12-16 bars.