CHIPITS COOKIES 'N' CREME Pineapple Braid
Add some sunshine to your morning with this yummy baked treat that is packed with pineapple, cream cheese, nuts and our HERSHEY'S CHIPITS COOKIES ‘N’ CREME Baking Chips! Aloha!
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple (250 g)
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened (250 g)
- 1/2 cup sugar (125 mL)
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups (9 oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S CHIPITS COOKIES 'N' CREME Baking Chips, divided (425 mL)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided (175 mL)
- 1 package (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (250 g)
- 1 egg, beaten
- COOKIES 'N' CREME PINEAPPLE GLAZE (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Drain and squeeze pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg until smooth. Stir in pineapple, 1 cup (250 mL) baking pieces and 1/2 cup pecans (125 mL).
3. Unroll crescent roll and place on parchment lined baking sheet; roll into a 15x9-inch (38x23 cm) rectangle. Spread cream cheese filling lengthwise down center of dough. Cut 1-inch (2.5 cm) wide strips diagonally on both sides of dough to within 1/2 inch (1 cm) of filling. Alternately fold opposite strips of dough at angle across filling. Pinch ends together. Brush lightly with beaten egg.
4. Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Prepare COOKIES 'N' CREME PINEAPPLE GLAZE; drizzle over danish. Garnish with remaining chocolate chips and pecans.
COOKIES 'N' CREME PINEAPPLE GLAZE:
3/4 cup remaining HERSHEY’S CHIPITS COOKIES 'N' CREME Baking Chips (175 mL)
1 tbsp butter or margarine (15 mL)
2 tbsp powdered sugar (30 mL)
1 to 2 tbsp reserved pineapple juice (15-30 mL)
Separate white chips and cookies. Place white chips and butter in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring until melted and smooth when stirred. Add powdered sugar and enough juice until smooth and slightly thickened.