CHIPITS COOKIES 'N' CREME Bars
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine, softened (90 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar (50 mL)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 3/4 cups (9-oz. bag) HERSHEY'S CHIPITS COOKIES 'N' CREME Baking Chips (425 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 9-inch (23-cm) square baking pan or line with foil, extending foil beyond pan edges.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture. Stir in baking pieces; spread in prepared pan.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and bars begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Lift out of pan using foil as handle; peel away foil. Cut into bars.
Makes 16 bars.