Confetti Brownies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (19.8 oz.) (440 g - 450 g)
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups REESE'S MINI PIECES Candy, divided (375 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease bottom of 13x9x2-inch (33x23x5-cm) baking pan.
2. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package for fudgelike brownies. Spread half of brownie batter into prepared pan.
3. Sprinkle 3/4 cup (175 mL) candies over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter over candy.
4. Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted 2 inches (5 cm) from side of pan comes out clean. Remove from oven to wire rack; cool slightly.
5. Prepare and spread CHOCOLATE FROSTING over brownie.
6. Sprinkle and gently press remaining 3/4 cup (175 mL) candies over frosting.
7. Prepare and drizzle PEANUT BUTTER DRIZZLE over candy. Cool completely in pan.
Makes 12 brownies.
Melt 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter or margarine in saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; add 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (150 mL) stirring until smooth. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla and dash of salt. Gradually add 3-1/2 cups (875 mL) powdered sugar with 6 tbsp (90 mL) hot water, stirring until smooth.
Makes about 2 cups (500 mL) frosting.
PEANUT BUTTER DRIZZLE:
Place 3 tbsp (45 mL) CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips and 1 tsp (5 mL) shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.