Coffee Walnut Bundt Cake
|2 cups||cake and pastry flour (500 mL)|
|1 1/2 tsp||baking powder (7 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||each baking soda and salt (2 mL)|
|2/3 cup||softened butter (150 mL)|
|1 1/4 cups||lightly packed brown sugar (300 mL)|
|2 tsp||vanilla extract (10 mL)|
|1/2 cup||each sour cream and milk (125 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS® Coffee Flavoured Chips (250 mL)|
|1/2 cup||chopped, toasted walnuts (125 mL)|
|1/2 cup||CHIPITS® Coffee Flavoured Chips (125 mL)|
|3 tbsp||each butter and corn syrup (45 mL)|
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a bundt pan. Stir the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat butter with brown sugar and vanilla in a separate bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
2. Stir the sour cream with milk. On low speed, alternately beat in flour and sour cream mixtures, in two additions, until batter is smooth. Stir in the coffee chips and walnuts until evenly distributed.
3. Spread the batter in the bundt pan. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Glaze: Heat the coffee chips, butter and syrup in a small saucepan set over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until glossy and smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cake. Let stand until glaze is set.
Makes 16 servings.
• Add 2 tsp (10 mL) finely grated orange zest to the batter for additional flavour.
• Sprinkle the glaze with additional chopped walnuts if desired.
• Replace the walnuts with chopped toasted pecans or almonds.