Coffee Toffee Almond Biscotti Recipe
|1/2 cup||softened butter (125 mL)|
|1 cup||granulated sugar (250 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL)|
|2 1/2 cups||all-purpose flour (625 mL)|
|1 1/2 tsp||baking powder (7 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||salt (1 mL)|
|1 pkg||CHIPITS Coffee Flavoured Chips, divided (225 g)|
|1/2 cup||lightly toasted slivered almonds (125 mL)|
|1/4 cup||CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (50 mL)|
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla.
2. Stir the flour with the baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Beat into the butter mixture. Add 1 cup (250 mL) of the coffee flavoured chips, the almonds and toffee bits; mix until uniformly combined.
3. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Shape each portion into an 8-inch (20 cm) log. Place the logs, at least 5 inches (12 cm) apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; flatten slightly. Bake for 25 minutes or until a tester inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes.
4. Using a serrated knife, cut the logs on the diagonal, into 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick slices. Arrange slices, cut-side-up, on the baking sheet. Bake for 6 minutes. Turn the slices over; bake an additional 5 to 6 minutes or until golden. Cool completely on a rack.
5. Meanwhile, melt the remaining chips in a heat-proof bowl set over simmering water. Drizzle over the cookies. Let stand at room temperature until set. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week (or freeze for 1 month).
Makes about 3-1/2 dozen cookies.
• To lightly toast the almonds, spread out on a baking sheet and bake at 325°F (160°C) for 6 minutes.
• For a simple hostess gift, transfer the cookies to cellophane and tie with a ribbon.