Coffee Streusel Mini Muffins
|1/4 cup||all-purpose flour (50 mL)|
|3 tbsp||packed brown sugar (45 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||ground cinnamon (1 mL)|
|2 tbsp||butter, melted and cooled slightly (30 mL)|
|3 tbsp||CHIPITS® Coffee Flavoured Chips (45 mL)|
|1 cup||all-purpose flour (250 mL)|
|1/2 cup||packed brown sugar (125 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda (2 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||salt (1 mL)|
|1/2 cup||buttermilk (125 mL)|
|2 tbsp||canola oil (30 mL)|
|1 1/2 tsp||vanilla extract (7 mL)|
|1/2 cup||CHIPITS® Coffee Flavoured Chips (125 mL)|
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Stir the flour with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Drizzle with butter and toss with fork until crumbly; stir in the coffee chips and set aside.
2. Muffins: Whisk the flour with the sugar, baking soda and salt. Whisk the buttermilk with the egg, oil and vanilla in a separate bowl. Pour over the flour mixture; stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Sprinkle with coffee chips; stir just until evenly distributed.
3. Spoon the batter into greased, paper-lined mini muffin cups. Sprinkle with the streusel, being sure to distribute the chips evenly. Bake for 14 minutes or until a tester inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
Makes 24 mini muffins.
• Store the muffins in an airtight container for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
• Replace the coffee chips with CHIPITS® Milk or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.