Classic HERSHEY Bar Cake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
|1 cup||butter or margarine, softened (2 sticks) (500 mL)|
|1 1/4 cups||granulated sugar (300 mL)|
|6||HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars, melted (45 g each)|
|2 1/2 cups||all-purpose flour (625 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||baking soda (1 mL)|
|1 cup||buttermilk or sour milk* (250 mL)|
|1/2 cup||HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup (125 mL)|
|2 tsp||vanilla extract (10 mL)|
|1 cup||chopped pecans (250 mL)||Powdered sugar (optional)||Additional HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup (optional)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour 10-inch (25 cm) tube pan or 12-cup (3 L) fluted tube pan.
2. Beat butter in large bowl until creamy; gradually add granulated sugar, beating on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate; beat until blended.
3. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating until blended. Add syrup and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Sift powdered sugar over top and drizzle with chocolate syrup, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
* To sour milk: Use 1 tablespoon (15 mL) white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup (250 mL).