Classic Chocolate Mousse Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin (1)
- 2 tbsp cold water (30 mL)
- 1/4 cup boiling water (50 mL)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (125 mL)
- 2 cups whipping cream (500 mL)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- Sweetened whipped cream
- CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits and/or CHIPITS Mini KISSES Milk Chocolate Baking Pieces
- 1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small bowl; let stand for 2 minutes to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool slightly.
2. Mix sugar and cocoa in a large bowl. Add whipping cream and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer, on medium speed, scraping the bottom of the bowl occasionally, until mixture is stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture; beat until well combined.
3. Spoon mixture into dessert dishes. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped cream, toffee bits and/or chocolate pieces.
Makes 8 servings.
� Chocolate Mousse Pie: Spoon mousse into a prepared, packaged graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Garnish with cherry pie filling, if desired. Store covered in the refrigerator. Makes 8 servings.
� Chocolate Mousse Torte: Thaw a frozen pound cake and cut horizontally to make 3 or 4 layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with some mousse. Repeat layering. Cover top and sides. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until ready to serve. Garnish as desired. Makes 8 servings.
� Chocolate Mousse Pastry Puffs: Use 2 packages (10 oz/300 g) each frozen puff pastry shells (6 shells per package). Bake shells according to package directions. Spoon mouse into pastry shells; garnish with whipped cream and toffee bits. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until ready to serve. Makes 12 servings.