Choco-Scotch Banana Bites Recipe
Bananas and chocolate get fancy in this one-of-a-kind snack featuring HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips for a spin on the classic combo.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 4 medium bananas, peeled (4)
- 18 lollipop sticks (or plastic straws cut into 2-inch/5 cm lengths)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips, divided (250 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided (250 mL)
- 4 tsp vegetable shortening (do not substitute butter, margarine, spread or oil), divided (20 mL)
- 1. Cover a tray with wax paper. Cut bananas on the angle into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. Place a lollipop stick into the centre of each piece. Place on prepared tray; cover and freeze until firm.
2. Coarsely chop 1/2 cup (125 mL) each butterscotch and chocolate chips; set aside in separate bowls to use as garnish.
3. Place remaining butterscotch chips with half the shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) setting for 30 seconds. Stir and continue to heat for 10 seconds at a time or until melted and smooth. Dip half of the banana pieces into the butterscotch mixture to coat; roll in the chopped chocolate chips. Return to the tray and freeze until set.
4. Repeat process by melting remaining chocolate chips with shortening. Dip remaining banana pieces and garnish with chopped butterscotch chips. Cover and return to the freezer until set. Makes about 18 snacks.