Chocolate-Covered Strawberries Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|2 cups||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (350 g)|
|2 tbsp||shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) (30 mL)|
|4 cups||fresh strawberries with stems (1 L)|
- 1. Rinse strawberries; pat dry. Line tray or baking sheet with with wax paper.
2. Place chocolate chips and shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 1-1/2 minutes or just until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
3. Holding strawberry by top, dip 2/3 of each berry into chocolate mixture; shake gently to remove excess. Place on prepared tray.
4. Refrigerate until coating is firm, about 30 minutes. Store, covered, in refrigerator.
Makes 2 to 3 dozen strawberries. (About 1 cup/250 mL coating.)
• Butter, margarine and spreads contain water which may prevent chocolate from melting properly; oil may prevent chocolate from forming a coating.