Chocolate Yogurt Granola Bowl with Cherry Compote Recipe
The breakfast of champions. Your typical granola, yogurt and fruit get amped up with the addition of melted HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chocolate Chips.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (125 mL)
- 3 tbsp whole milk (45 mL)
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt (500 mL)
- 2 cups pitted Bing cherries (fresh or frozen, thawed) (500 mL)
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar (30 mL)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (15 mL)
- 1/2 cup granola (125 mL)
- 1. Heat chocolate chips with milk in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of hot, not boiling, water until melted and smooth. Let cool. Fold cooled chocolate mixture into yogurt. Refrigerate.
2. Meanwhile, in saucepan, heat together cherries, brown sugar, coconut oil and 1/4 cup (50 mL) water over medium heat; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until cherries are tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
3. Scoop chilled yogurt mixture into Mason jars or glasses. Top with cherries and granola.
Tip: Use fresh cherries when in season; however, frozen cherries can be substituted easily.