Chocolate Walnut Pie Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine (90 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (398 mL)
- 1/2 cup water (125 mL)
- 2 eggs (beaten) (2)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp imitation maple flavour (2 mL)
- 1 cup coarsley chopped walnuts (250 mL)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust (1)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add cocoa; stir until smooth. Stir in sweetened condensend milk, water and eggs; beat with a whisk until well blended. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, maple flavour and walnuts. Pour into pastry shell.
3. Bake 40-45 minutes or until center is set. Cool slightly. Serve warm or cold. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftover pie.
Makes 8 servings.