Chocolate Toffee Oatmeal Pretzel Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
|1 1/3 cups||softened butter (325 mL)|
|2 cups||lightly packed brown sugar (500 mL)|
|1 tbsp||vanilla extract (15 mL)|
|3 cups||large flake rolled oats (750 mL)|
|2 2/3 cups||all-purpose flour (650 mL)|
|1 tsp||each baking powder and baking soda (5 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL)|
|2 cups||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (350 g)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (250 mL)|
|1 cup||coarsely crumbled pretzel sticks (250 mL)|
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a large bowl, beat butter with brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time; stir in vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, mix oats with flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Use a wooden spoon to stir flour mixture into butter mixture until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips, toffee bits and pretzel pieces.
3. Form dough into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) balls; place about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake, in batches, for about 10 minutes or until golden; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Makes about 60 cookies.
• To coarsely crumble the pretzel sticks, place in a zip-top bag and seal closed. Smack the bag on the counter until pretzel sticks are broken into small pieces; discard fine crumbs and dust.
• Freeze unbaked cookies on parchment paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to a zip-top freezer bag and store for up to 1 month. Thaw cookies for 1 hour on prepared sheets before baking.