Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 4 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened (1 kg)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 2 tsp vanilla (10 mL)
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips (125 mL)
- 1 tsp shortening (do not use butter, margarine or oil) (5 mL)
- 2-3 pkgs graham cracker crumb crusts (2-3 pkgs)
- 1. Heat oven to 325°F (160°C).
2. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat just until combined. In small bowl, reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cream cheese mixture.
3. In heavy saucepan over very low heat, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips with shortening; stir into reserved 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream cheese mixture.
4. Pour vanilla cream cheese mixture into crust. Drop spoonfuls of chocolate cream cheese mixture onto vanilla mixture; swirl with knife or metal spatula for marbled effect. Place filled crust on cookie sheet.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool to room temperature. Cover; refrigerate several hours or until firm. Refrigerate leftover cheesecake.
Makes 8 servings.