Chocolate Raspberry Layer Squares Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (50 mL)
- 1/2 cup butter (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam (75 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (125 g)
- 2 tbsp light cream or milk (30 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 3 tbsp butter (45 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray 9-inch (23 cm) baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, or lightly butter.
2. BASE: In medium bowl, mix together flour and icing sugar. Cut in butter with pastry blender until crumbly. Press firmly into pan. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. While still hot, spread evenly with jam. Refrigerate to cool about 1 hour.
3. In small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, or in microwave, melt white chocolate chips. Let cool slightly.
4. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and cream with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in white chocolate. Spread carefully over jam.
5. TOPPING: In small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, or in microwave, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter. Stir until smooth. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate to set chocolate.
Makes 16 squares.
• Make recipe using other jams such as apricot, peach or strawberry.