Chocolate Quickie Stickies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 8 tbsp butter or margarine, divided (120 mL)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar (175 mL)
- 4 tbsp HERSHEY'S Cocoa, divided (60 mL)
- 5 tsp water (25 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional) (125 mL)
- 1 roll refrigerated crescent dough (16 oz) (500 g)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar (30 mL)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Melt 6 tbsp (90 mL) butter in a small saucepan set over low heat. Add brown sugar, 3 tbsp (45 mL) cocoa and the water. Increase heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly, just until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Spoon 1 tsp (5 mL) of the chocolate mixture into 48 mini muffin cups. Sprinkle an equal portion of nuts into each cup. Set aside.
3. Unroll crescent dough and separate into 8 rectangles; press firmly at perforations to seal. Melt the remaining butter; brush evenly over rectangles. Stir granulated sugar with remaining cocoa; sprinkle evenly over the rectangles. Starting at the long side, roll up each rectangle and pinch the seams to seal. Slice each roll into 6 equal pieces. Press each piece, cut-side-down, into prepared mini-muffin pans.
4. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until light brown. Cool 30 seconds before inverting the mini muffin pans onto rimmed baking sheets. Let stand for 1 minute before removing pans. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 4 dozen stickies.
• Rolls can be baked in two, 8-inch (20 cm) round baking pans. Divide the chocolate mixture and nuts (if using) equally between the two pans. Place 24 rolls, cut-side-down, into each pan. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes. Cool for 1 minute before turning onto rimmed baking sheets, let stand for 1 mintue before removing pans.