Chocolate Peanut Clusters Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (125 mL)
- 1 tbsp vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) (15 mL)
- 1 cup unsalted, roasted peanuts or raisins (250 mL)
- 1. Place the milk and dark chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave for an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Stir in the peanuts.
2. Drop by teaspoons into 1-inch (2.5 cm) candy or petit four papers. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm. Store, tightly covered, in a container in the refrigerator.
Makes 2 dozen candies.